As many as 60 to 80 percent of all bearing failures (catastrophic, functional and premature) are lubrication-related: whether it’s poor lubricant selection, poor application, lubricant contamination or lubricant degradation. In addition to selecting the correct lubricant, use UE Systems’ ultrasound instruments to identify a lack of lubrication and prevent over lubrication conditions.
Set a baseline for each bearing, test routinely to note decibel increases. When a bearing reaches an 8 dB gain over baseline with no change in sound quality, it is in need of lubrication. When applying lubricant, stop when the dB level drops to baseline. It is that easy!
The UE Systems Grease Caddy is an instrument developed specifically for supporting your lubrication practices. Advantages:
- Cost effective instrument for lubrication engineers
- Simple to operate
- Keeps your hands free to lubricate with the help of mounting bracket or belt holster
Key advantages of UE Systems Ultrasound Bearing program
Ultrasound requires limited training need:
- Implementation process is fast & integrates easy into existing programs
- Data Management Software easy to use and creates the reports you need
- For each level of engineers a program to fit your needs
- Transfer of existing programs is easy, making it long term sustainable
- DMS and Spectralyser software packages are license & update free!
- Regular updates available on this website for added reporting functions
Global presence & support:
- Multinational sites can be supported locally
- Comparison of multiple plant data / benchmarking
- Technical support available to our customers
Contact UE Systems if you like to ask for a demonstration or discuss implementation possibilities